Dental implants are giving people the enjoyment of smiling, laughing and chewing with confidence. They are changing the way people, once again, enjoy life. Dr. Moreau has been placing implants and restoring implants for 20 years in almost any situation and changing people’s lives one smile at a time. And with the various advances in technology, dental implants have become easier, more predictable, and more affordable than in previous years. Are you considering a dental implant?
Comprehensive Services for Dental Implants
Moreau Cosmetic & Advanced Dentistry offers complete services for dental implants. With over 20 years experience of placing implants, Dr. Moreau can perform many surgical and periodontal implant procedures in conjunction with the accompanying restorative procedures. In offering our patients implant and restorative services under one roof, it helps to reduce referrals and appointment times for our patients.
Dentsply Implants: The Latest Dental Implant Technology
Dr. Moreau is one of the few dentists in Saratoga Springs to offer the latest implant technology from Dentsply. This advanced system uses CAD/CAM technology to plan and guide the precise placement of dental implants. The implants from Dentsply can be used to replace one missing or an entire set of missing teeth. Advantage DENTSPLY Implants
Uses of Dental Implants
Dental implant are used to:
- replace an individual missing tooth
- to anchor a bridge that will replace missing teeth
- to support dentures firmly in place
Dental implants are made of three parts:
- titanium post that is surgically placed into bone
- titanium abutment that extends from the implant to above the gum. This abutment will serve to anchor the new tooth crown.
- Parts of a Dental Implant
Advantages of Dental Implants
- Like natural teeth: the supporting bone becomes entwined with bone and the implant becomes a part of your jaw
- Long Lasting: dental implants have a very high documented success rate and generally they last far longer than the life span of a bridge or denture.
- Stability: implants don’t move so they provide the ultimate support structure for a crown,bridge or denture
- Conservative restoration: surrounding teeth are saved from having to be cut down with the placement of a dental implant to replace missing teeth
Mini Dental Implants
Mini dental implants are a very affordable option to have a tooth or teeth replaced with a crown or denture. They have not shown to be as long lasting as the traditional implant but they have had an FDA approval for almost 10 years.
Reasons for Mini Dental Implants
- Less expensive of regular implants
- Not enough bone support to place regular implants
- Ease of placement because of the size
- Generally minimal or no pain after placement
- Less time for tooth crown/denture placement
Disadvantages for Mini Dental Implant
- Longevity has not been as long as regular implants
- More likelihood of replacement in 5 to 10 years
Schedule for a Dental Implant Consultation
If you have missing teeth call for a complimentary consultation and see if dental implants are right for you. Call 518-584-6768 to your complimentary consultation or request an appointment online.